- Shipped Titles
- Electronic Arts – Orlando, FL
Technical Artist: Artworks (May 2012 - May 2013)
- Provide general artist support, communicate between art and engineering disciplines, and manage information from the content creation application through integration into the run-time environment.
- Create innovative tools to overcome production challenges, maintain existing tools, and improve artist workflows, stability, and task automation potential wherever possible.
- Construct comprehensive, accessible technical documentation for tools and workflows for company-wide use.
- Reverse-engineer game bugs, working with artists and engineers to resolve problems quickly.
- Expand the uniform authoring tool and shaders to support content creation for new game features.
- Provided technical support to a cleanup of the Madden NFL and NCAA assets and general football pipeline, collectively containing more than one million game assets and pieces of metadata. Streamlined automated build error detection and performed analytics with the extracted data to better organize the effort and manage artist tasks. Established the cause of build errors, evaluated their validity, and collaborated with engineers and artists to apply a fix.
- Embedded Perforce and proprietary asset management database functionality in scripts to automate metadata connections and changelist actions, providing greater control over the incredible volume of managed assets.
- Adayana Government Group – Urbana, IL
Game Artist II (February 2010 - May 2012)
- Create efficient 3D environments, level designs, props, vehicles, characters, rigs, particle systems, event and effects scripting, lighting, and animations in Unity3D for immersive, interactive courseware.
- Establish pipeline standards and develop tools to enhance productivity and output quality.
- Determine visual targets and performance guidelines. Instruct junior artists on new tools and techniques.
- Set up in-house motion capture system for facial and body animation. Managed integration with our workflow.
- Work directly with software engineers to establish gameplay and game management systems in Unity3D.
- Develop key features, content, and core user experience for the mobile component of our flagship project.
- Create instructionally sound, aesthetically pleasing web courses for civilian and military use.
- Developed engaging activities to teach course learning objectives and evaluate learners.
Artist & Developer (January 2007 - Present)
- Web development, graphic design, motion graphics and animation, copy writing, and brand marketing.
- Consult clients and evaluate their needs, determine project budget and scope, anticipate obstacles and avoid them with creative solutions.
- Deliver an exceptional product.
- Illinois State Water Survey, Center for Watershed Science – Champaign, IL
Data Visualization Programmer (July 2006 - December 2006)
- Develop a real-time OpenGL application to display interactive models of USGS digital elevation map data with a large array of data manipulation and playback tools, customizable viewing filters, and intuitive user experience.
- C++, C#, Python, MEL, XML, Photoshop SDK, HLSL, GLSL, Cg, OpenGL
- Content Creation:
- Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Zbrush, 3DS Max, Motion Builder, xNormal, Ndo, Node-based shader editors
- Game Engine:
- Unity3D, Unreal3, UDK, Proprietary Toolsets
- Visual Studio, Eclipse, Monodevelop, Perforce, Code Collaborator, Excel, Shotgun, Hansoft, Jira, BuildForge, SVN
- Associate in Applied Science – 3D Graphics Programming
Parkland College, 2007
- Chris Baker – Electronic Arts Tiburon – CG Supervisor
- Asif Yusaf – Electronic Arts Tiburon – Assoc. CG Supervisor
- Sheila Nash – Electronic Arts Tiburon – Sr. Technical Artist
- Tim Neveu – Adayana – Lead Artist
- Alex Jerez – Freelance Colleague – Technical Artist (Volition)
- Contact information available upon request